SATURDAY DEMONSTRATIONS 2018-2019
Artist Demonstrations; 2-30pm – 4-30pm on the third Saturday of each month
Your first ‘taster’ visit is free
If you are not a member and wish to be please go to the ‘Join us now’ link at the bottom of this page.
The Artist Demonstrations are held at The Pavilion, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham GL51 6PN.
There is disabled access and parking on site. For direction see below.
Artists Demonstrations from September 2018
- 15th September: Alistair from The Dark Room, Cheltenham – will discuss what they provide for local artists who wish to advertise there work.
- 20th October: Rachel Drury – Works in acrylics painting British wildlife.
- 17th November: Frances Whitman – Will be using her spiritual approach regarding the feeling she gets when visiting places, sketching out work in pastels.
- 15th December – This will be the club’s AGM and Christmas Party – No demonstration.
For the New Year….2019
- 19th January: Andy Dice Davies – Discussion on street art Andy organises the Cheltenham Paint Festival which showcases street art. The festival is due to start on the 8/9th September 2018 and there is going to be some amazing artwork around the town on walls, in alleys, on buildings, etc. Some of them are truly amazing. It is supported by the Arts Council England and Cheltenham Borough Council, to name two.
- 16th February: Celia Bennett will using mixed media to paint a ‘Paris’ scene.
- 16th March: Betty Harrison paints in an atmospheric style using oils.
- 20th April: TBC – Easter Weekend
- 18th May: TBC
- 15th June: Phil Madley is an innovative, contemporary artist working with en-caustic wax techniques
More detailed reviews on past demonstrations are available for members in the members section of the website.
Buses for The Pavilion are as follows
- 97 or 98 from outside Beards in The Promenade every half hour on the hour and half hour. The stop is near Robert Burns Avenue
- OR the Cheltenham-Gloucester-Cheltenham bus 94 leaving every ten minutes from The Promenade, Cheltenham. The stop is Arle Court.
- On return catch the bus at about quarter past or quarter to the hour.