Artist Demonstrations; 2-30pm – 4-30pm on the third Saturday of each month
Your first ‘taster’ visit is free
If you are not a member and wish to be please go to the ‘Join us now’ link at the bottom of this page.
The Artist Demonstrations are held at The Pavilion, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham GL51 6PN. There is disabled access and parking on site. For direction see below.
Artists Demonstrations for 2018!
- 20th January: Trudi Hayden – will demonstrate her use of acrylics for her nature inspired paintings.
- 17th February: Araminta Fogden – Uses sketches to inspire her paintings of hares, owls, badgers and other creatures using oils, acrylics and goldleaf.
- 17th March: Jan Whitton – Uses pastels to produce her paintings of trees in the landscape.
- 21st April: Christine Russell – A mixed media artist who works in acrylics, inks and pastels to create paintings of the Cornish Seascape.
- 19th May: John Bailey- Is a watercolour artist known for his freedom, freshness and fluidity and quite a loose painter who will demonstrate painting a Cotswold scene.
- 16th June: Alexandra Woods – Will discuss how she became an artist and discuss how she develops her work, painting and illustrating.
We break up for the summer in July and August and return in September
More detailed reviews on past demonstrations are available for members in the members section of the website.
Buses for The Pavilion are as follows
- 97 or 98 from outside Beards in The Promenade every half hour on the hour and half hour. The stop is near Robert Burns Avenue
- OR the Cheltenham-Gloucester-Cheltenham bus 94 leaving every ten minutes from The Promenade, Cheltenham. The stop is Arle Court.
- On return catch the bus at about quarter past or quarter to the hour.