Avoiding social contact – Government Announcement
We have now decided to cancel the next demonstration on 21st due to the governments information issued on 16/03/2020 – see below
The UK government’s aim is to delay the spread of the disease and reduce the epidemic’s peak (when the number of cases is highest).
On 16 March, Prime Minster Boris Johnson announced significant new measures to tackle the outbreak.
- Anyone with a fever or persistent cough should stay at home for 14 days. This measure also extends to anyone who lives with someone displaying coronavirus symptoms. People who have to isolate themselves should ask others for help to deal with everyday necessities.
- Everyone has been asked to stop non-essential contact with others. This is particularly important for those aged over 70, people with underlying health conditions and pregnant women.
- People should work from home where they can and should avoid places like pubs, clubs and theatres. This applies especially to those in London which is said to be “a few weeks ahead” of the rest of the UK in the spread of the virus.
- People should stop all unnecessary travelling.
- By the weekend, those with the most serious health conditions should be largely shielded from social contact for 12 weeks.
TBC – The next coffee morning will be Saturday 25th April 10-12pm
at The Exmouth Arms, Bath Road
The Cotswold Art Club, founded in 1931, gives support and encouragement to its Members with artist’s demonstrations, workshops, en plein air and exhibitions.
Artist demonstrations are held monthly, on Saturday afternoons from September to June, in Cheltenham.
Tutored workshops are arranged by our speakers during the year, in various styles and mediums.
In summer, members meet occasionally at pre-arranged venues for outdoor sketching and painting.
Exhibitions are arranged in the local area, to enable members to sell and exhibit their work.
Thinking of joining us..?……Your first ‘taster’ visit is FREE
The Cotswold Art Club is made up of members of mixed abilities, amateur and professional. We meet on the afternoon of the third Saturday of each month from September to June in The Pavilion, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham GL51 6PN at 2-30pm – 4.30pm. We usually have a talk/demonstration by someone in the art fraternity that is always enjoyable, informative and useful with a tea break halfway through. You will be made very welcome by our Committee welcome group and current members if you wish to attend.
If you haven’t become a member then join us at Cotswold Art Club to benefit from this great offer.
The current joining fee for the club is £10 plus an annual membership fee of £20 for the year, 1st January-31st December (cheques payable to Cotswold Art Club) and sent to Dave Hooper. You join as an Associate Member and as such you are entitled to attend and take part in everything except exhibiting. The annual membership fee for both associate and full members is the same. Associates cannot exhibit their work but to become a full member and exhibit with the Club, work must be accepted by the selection committee at one of our meetings. This is very informal and you are invited to bring three pieces of your original work (copies or prints are not accepted).
If we can help you with any further information please contact the relevant Committee Member on the ‘contact us’ section or click on the ‘Join Us Now’ button below. Once you fill in the form our Membership Secretary will be in touch