Why Reduce the Photo Size
- A smaller file size means a reducing time to load a page with a lot of images.
- A limit of 0.5 Mb per image has been set but they can be much smaller and still display well.
- A high quality display of an image on PC, Tablet or Phone does not require a large size.
- It is better to keep photos of print quality away from the web as photos can be downloaded.
How to Reduce the Size
This can be done however you wish but a common method is described below:
On A Windows PC
- Use Photo to edit the photo
- Open the photo
- Click on the three dots at the top
- Select Resize Image
- Select Best for emails and messages
- Save As – with new name
Crop the Photo
- Crop the photo so just the artwork shows with no background or frame
- This enables the art to stand out on the page without distractions